Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hey guys and gals. I hope you like my blog. I figured this was an efficient way to keep ya all in contact w/ me and find out what I am up to on a regular basis. Feel free to post comments too, it’s always good to hear from you guys as well!

Well, so far I have got all my stuff down here to Mitchell and a limited amount of my stuff is in my parent’s house. I basically have enough there to live…barely. Ha! The move was pretty hot and then of course it cooled down and rained after everything was said and done, but at least it rained. It took about a day or so, but I talked dad into running a cat5 cable to the basement so that I have internet now too but, I still don’t have TV. I guess I will live.

So I have been working at my new job for 2 days now. It is a very different situation to be in compared to USD. The private sector is very interesting. You don’t see as many people that can’t pull their own weight in the organization and the mentality is very different. There are some things that are very much the same. I still have an electronic timesheet to fill out, but it is more of an in-house application than a packaged application you buy off the shelf. The nice thing is that I only have one timesheet to fill out rather than 2 or 3. They also have an application for tracking calls, but again, it is more of an in-house application, but seems to be very robust and intuitive to their support model.

I have been watching a lot of training videos to familiarize myself w/ the industry and the technology as well. Some of the basics are sort of redundant, but it’s not too terrible. The actor in the video is a bit on the cheesy side, but still not worse than any other training videos I have ever seen in my day. I have also been doing a lot of reading. Mainly help files for the application I support and other manuals. I have a couple of long training classes coming up in the next couple weeks to train on the applications I will be supporting. After doing some of the initial reading it is a bit overwhelming since the application seems so big.

Enough about work! I am kinda pumped about this weekend. Friday, my buddy Dusty and his fiancé are going to be in Mitchell and want to hang out. That should be a good time since it’s been a while since I’ve done that. (see Dusty, not party...ha ha) Then I have Nathan and Heidi’s wedding on Saturday which should be fun as well! I am still trying to straighten out how transportation will go since I was going w/ Kyle K. but he may be caddying for his cousin that weekend. Nothing against his cousin, but I hope he doesn’t qualify! J It just makes life simpler. Ha ha. Well, maybe this is enough for my first post, but look forward to more. I probably won’t do daily postings, but I will try to be consistent and definitely post when I think it is necessary.

Hafner out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home