Thursday, August 03, 2006

Another day goes by again. Today was pretty uneventful. I did a lot of reading again. Every time I finish one manual, I have another one waiting for me around the corner. It’s ok though because it just means I will be that much more prepared when I start working with the program. I also got to finish up a video on advanced telecommunication concepts. It was pretty interesting too. They are all involving the same speaker though, which, I have determined through deductive reasoning, is definitely a Canadian or at the VERY least from northern Minnesota. First off, his over use of the word ‘about’ and his odd pronunciation of it as ‘aboot’ is a dead give away. Secondly, he over-syllablizes words as well. Such as “mobile” when referencing cell phones he pronounces it as “mo-bial”. Along with some of his other verbal references to the US government and telecommunication standards just makes me believe he is Canadian. I suppose that the fact that he is a Mechanical and Electrical engineer might have something to do with it too. I hear they can be pretty snobbish as well. I was watching the last of the videos, which was on wireless phones, and the thing started freezing up on me all the time. This irritated me because I was looking forward to that video since it was on something that wasn’t that old, unlike the POTS systems stuff I had been watching. I looked at the bottom of the disc and it looked like it had been set out in the heat or something because there were physical bubbles in the reflective surface of the DVD, so I didn’t get to finish that DVD.

One funny thing that happened yesterday was that I was driving downtown and once again realized how hillybilly Mitchell still is. I saw the most whitetrash imitation of a riceburner I have ever seen in my life. I thought it was a Celebrity, but Carl says it was a Topaz, either way, the base vehicle itself was ghetto. Then they had spray painted the car black and mounted a racing wing on the back of it. Yes, a racing wing. I don’t know about you, but I have never been around any Celebrity OR Topaz that would have benefited from the added downforce from a wing since most of them govern out, but maybe that was another modification to the vehicle that I wasn’t able to see demonstrated, BUT that’s not all folks. This wasn’t *any* racing wing. It was a homemade racing wing. It was made of metal supports (spray painted black), but the actual fin was made up of 2 pieces of plywood that were spray painted black to match the support arms and the vehicle….DUH….you wouldn’t want that kinda thing not matching the car!! Then after I took a second look at the car I noticed that the wing also had 2 CB antennas mounted on either side of wing that were again, painted black. Now, you are probably saying to yourself, “Wow Hafner, that’s pretty ghetto”. You would be right, but that’s not the end either. To top this masterpiece of motoring, it had a ground effects kit on it as well, but to fit the concept of the vehicle it was also homemade. That’s right, a homemade ground effects kit. Apparently Kmart was all sold out of the manufactured kits…I dunno. This wasn’t an ordinary kit either. It was also made of a plywood material, painted black and made the front of the car resemble a stock car racing car rather than a riceburner. To top it all off it was also equipped with a fart pipe on the muffler to accentuate the manly, mean, powerhouse that was housed within the engine compartment. I could just hear “the Toolman” grunting and saying “more power”, but then you realized it was a crappy 4 cyl Ford/Chevy which equates to only a couple more horses than if you put 4 mice on a exercise wheel and had a piece of cheese dangling in front of the cage. If there is another sighting of this vehicle I will be ready for it and I will be posting a picture so that you may all laugh at it as I did.

I got to wash my car after work too. It was begging for it. I haven’t washed it in a couple months plus I am going to have the scratches from my hit-and-run finally fixed so I figured if it was clean they could see all the scratches easier. Plus I vacuumed it out and washed the floor mats. The estimate I got the other day said that it was going to be about $1300 in damage. The guy that hit me is pretty lucky that he decided to run away like a pussy. So I get to have my insurance pay for the repairs now. Which means I will have a loaner car most of next week since they said it would take about a week to get all the work done. My hopes are kinda high since Carl said that they gave him a “crappy Impala” when he took his car there last time. I don’t have too many issues with an Impala and Carl said the only reason it was “crappy” was because it wasn’t cleaned out, which I think I could handle. I think its funny that last weekend when Clinton and Michelle came to Vermillion to move me that they both said that my car “still smelled new”, but I suppose it would when I don’t allow smoking in my car, I don’t cook or spray shit in my car and I never use air fresheners or anything other than carpet cleaner and other cleaning products on the interior unlike…um….EVERY car he’s ever owned which is always been about 5-6 years old and he’s always smoked in or spilled shit in. This is why he can’t have nice things!

Other than that, my night was pretty uneventful last night. Carl, Jeff and I went to the Scoreboard and had a few beers outside since the weather was awesome and watched for the ghetto Topaz to drive by a couple times. Nothing too impressive, just something to do for an hour or so.

Well, I suppose I’ll let you all go. I think from now on, my posts will be getting shorter. I think I have this subliminal idea in my head that I have all these details you all want to know, but probably have no interest in so I will try to shave these posts down a bit…..

…..

….


…OR NOT!

Hafner OUT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home