Tuesday, August 08, 2006

So, my dad is trying to kill me. Late last week we started having issues with our water smelling like rotten eggs. Dad tried turning up the temperature on the water heater to see if that was the issue. It wasn't. It made for a REALLY hot shower though. So then yesterday he decides to pour 3 gallons of bleach into the inlet to our house water hoping it would disinfect our pipes or whatever that was in the pipes. What an awesome feeling to shower in warm pool water. For the entire day I smelled like bleach. I had a headache. My skin itched and my eyes were bloodshot. It was AWESOME! Dad then asked me later "How's it goin Chlorine Kid?". ARRRGGGG. He figures that at least I am disinfected now. Its so awesome to feel clean....who needs skin anyways? I've always wanted to be a blonde...NOT! Hopefully this is the end, but if he is really trying to kill me, please, let this be my testimony if it ever goes to court after I die.

Other than that...pretty uneventful day. I did some stuff with our Software DB application this morning and did some software testing this afternoon. Kept me busy for most of the day. A funny story from work though....I was working w/ Dan O. from Internal Dev and he was at my desk and my phone started ringing. Since I can't answer the phone, since I don't know how to help the customers yet, I have kinda zoned out the sound of the phone ringing, but Dan didn't. So he looks at me and says "You're phone's ringing" and I subconciously thought "well, Dan knows the phone system so he must have known that the call was for me" so I go to pick up the phone, then it occurs to me *DING* "Adam, you don't know what you are supposed to say or do with this customer why are you picking up the phone?". I said "wait, what am I doing...." But it's too late. I answer the phone a fraction of second later saying "....................Hello?" *long pause* since I didn't identify myself, the department or the company. Then he says "Is this Support?" VERY confused. So then I freak out, look at phone as though I was a monkey and it was a giant computer. Some how Tomi from across the hall heard me and saw on the phone system that I picked up the phone and came over and had the customer hold on and she transferred it to her desk phone. It was the funniest thing for me all day.

Tonight is Talladega Tuesday, so we'll see how that is....

That is all.

Hafner OUT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home